Wednesday, June 17, 2009

training session #3

Photobucket

So last night, we did our workout with half of a deck of cards. (I think eventually we'll build up to a full deck.) For every black card flipped over, I would do an exercise on my lower body. For every red card, an exercise on my upper body. We did abs at the beginning, middle, and end. I could play either of my two jokers at any point in the 40 minutes to get a 2 minute break. As you probably guessed, the value of the card equaled the number of reps completed. But, if the trainer wasn't happy with the number she'd multiply it, or double it, etc. It was intense!

The greatest feeling came at the end, though. I had done it! I was so proud of myself for completing whatever she threw at me. I know that two weeks ago there's no way I could have done it.

This week I'm going to concentrate on cardio. Hopefully I'll begin jogging. Oooooh man.

Thanks for the support!

2 comments:

Kay said...

That's a fun idea and a way to keep things interesting. You are going to be a running machine in no time! Great work SS!

Mom said...

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING, SISTER!!!! :)I am soooooooo proud of you!

You are my hero!

Love,
Mom