Sunday, June 7, 2009

weight loss

So, as most of you know I've been trying to lose weight since early December of this year (but let's be honest... the holidays are awful for life changes like this one so it really got going in the new year.)

Before I went home in May I had lost 27.5 lbs with the goal of losing 50 before Jessie's wedding on August 1. I gained a little while I was home but I've been really serious about it again since I've been back since it's crunch time.

SO! This past week has been serious. I had my first session with my trainer on Tuesday and was pretty sore Wednesday and couldn't walk on Thursday. Awesome. It hurts so good. :)

I'm supposed to be doing between 30-60 mins of cardio 5 days a week and a full body strength training routine three times a week. I'm also supposed to stretch twice a day. So far so good.

Combine this new routine with my ongoing weight watchers points, and I'm hoping to see great results really fast. I can already tell that my flexibility is much more pronounced and I feel much better since I've been back on the WW path.

The biggest change that I've noticed in myself, though, is my attitude towards the whole thing. I had really gotten to a place where my weight overwhelmed me and just the thought of beginning the process of losing it was too much. Now that I've started, I can't see myself stopping. It's addicting to feel good and see the change.

So I'll keep you all up to date on how fast (or slow) the change happens.

4 comments:

b|rad said...

yay! hope you know i'm rooting for you and supporting you every step, walk, and run of the way.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Daphne said...

that comment almost made me cry bromig. LUMI.

Mom said...

I am so proud of you! Your positive mindset will help you reach your goal and it inspires us all!
You go girl!!

Kay said...

We are SOOOOOOOOOO SS! I could have signed my name to that exact blog. We'll get through it sister!